Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Colour Palette

Yesterday I got lost in the circus,
feeling like such a mess.
And now I'm down,
I'm just hanging on the corner;
I can't help but reminisce.

'Cos when you're gone,
all the colours fade
When you're gone,
no new years day parade.
When you're gone,
colours seem to fade.

Your mama called, she said
that you're downstairs crying,
Feeling like such a mess.
Yeah, I hear ya,
You're in the background bawling,
What happened to your sweet summertime dress?

I know we all,
we all got our faults,
We get locked in our vaults
and we stay..

But when you're gone,
all the colours fade
When you're gone,
no new years day parade.
You're gone,
colours seem to fade,
colours seem to fade.


- Colours, Amos Lee

Three colours are really standing out to me at the moment:  The first is fuschia.  I have had an on/off love affair with fuschia for years but right now it is a must-have for my wardrobe.  Slowly but surely my collection of fuschia items are growing.  It appeals to me because I've never been a fan of pink apart from either the dusky or the outrageously bright variations, but fuschia seems to mix just the faintest hint of pink with the vibrancy of purple to create a beautiful, feminine colour.  Fuschia is incidentally also the name I wanted to call my first baby girl!  But luckily I grew out of that phase.

If I could have a pair of fuschia shoes then I would count myself very lucky indeed!

Preferably these Christian Laboutin's thanks!

The second colour I adore is mint green.  I love pastels and mint green is one that I dont see too often, but when I do it always looks fresh and delicate.  I would love to have a bedroom in my future house painted mint green mixed with huge floral wallpaper like that seen in the Pretty by Elizabeth Arden advertisements, with white french furniture and perhaps even a chandelier.



















Third is midnight blue.  There is an element of mystery and depth in this colour that can almost pass for black.  Last year I bought midnight blue nail polish after I saw it on Lauren Conrad and it got me through Paris, London and a New Zealand winter!  I also went a bit crazy on dark blue make up, accessories and clothes but since it's the type of shade that never goes out of fashion (much like its neighbour navy blue), I know that they will serve me well for years to come.

Blue eyeshadow and earrings in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment