Sunday, March 20, 2011

A World of Opportunity

My mum instilled in my sisters and I a passion for opshopping.  While I admit I dont have enough patience to sort through all of the racks and inspect each piece of clothing to find the truly unique, every now and then I crack it.  Some people get unsettled at the thought of wearing second-hand items ("What if someone died in that top"? and other misgivings), but not I!  I've picked up a Fendi bag, gorgeous leather shoes, an Italian wool coat, and so much more all for about $10 a pop.  Here are some of my latest purchases that I paid around $3 each for:






I pair this with a round straw hat, thin tan belt and tan wedges for autumn chic.




I keep this skirt light 'n bright with a crisp white shirt, dark brown leather belt and nude peep toes.




This black and white pleated skirt is something special that I found at a market on the side of the road.  It is a French brand and when you separate the pleats there is a picture of a little French town running the length of the hem.  Beautiful!  I like to wear it with neutrals and a splash of colour like a fuschia scarf or a mint green chunky bracelet.

1 comment:

  1. What a joy to read! I love all your beautiful op shop pieces Raihi. You have such a funky little style going on..love it xo

    ReplyDelete