Saturday, March 26, 2011

THINGS I LOVE: Perfume

For the last couple of years I've had only one request from Presley for my birthday present: a new perfume.  Both years we've been together I would carefully choose a fragrance after test trying countless Givenchy's and Cacharel's in search of the perfect scent, and both years he has handed me a familiar-looking wrapped box.  I would open it with glee and we'd be 100% satisfied in our roles as Giver and Receiver.  My other two perfumes were from a trip to the Gold Coast with my sister in which we stumbled upon a 'Tester' sale of barely-used bottles of perfume, and at Heathrow Airport en route to LA.  Here they are:

1.  Yves Saint Laurent 'In Love Again'.  It has  notes of raspberry, brimbelle, gentle peony and sensual musk.


2.  Vera Wang 'Princess' with water lily, lady apple, mandarin meringue, golden apricot skin, ripe pink guava, Tahitian flower, wild tuberose, dark chocolate, pink frosting accord, precious amber, forbidden woods, royal musk captive and chiffon vanilla.


3.  Nina Ricci 'Ricci Ricci': top notes of rhubarb and bergamont, middle notes of rose centifolia, Indian tuberose, and beauty of the night (a type of flower), and base notes of patchouli fraction and sandalwood.



4.  Stella 'Nude' is extra special because it reminds me of my Nana.  It has notes of Morrocan rose, grapefruit, peony, pink pepper, vanilla and amber.


With another birthday looming I'm on the lookout for the next It Perfume.  Do YOU have a favourite?

1 comment:

  1. My classic favourite is Ralph Lauren Romance...but I got Gucci Eau de Parfum II for my b'day and it's LOVELY

    ReplyDelete