Friday, March 25, 2011

Destination HAWAII

Aah, Hawaii, the land of contradictions.  My brother, sister and I holidayed there in 2007 and it was a strange, beautiful, puzzling place - the latest Chryslers pulling up to tiny rundown flats, waitresses in traditional muumuu and tennis shoes, a tropical garden in the middle of the Hilton...I thoroughly enjoyed my time there but must admit there were a few occasions when my brow would knit in confusion and I just wouldnt get it.  It was still fun though.  We visited the Ala Moana shopping centre and stocked up on Revlon and Loreal make up that was a third of the price of what it cost in New Zealand, and who could walk past American candy without grabbing handfuls to take home (my favourites are Hot Tamales, Jolly Ranchers and Reeses)?  We also gorged ourselves on Mexican food and took a trip out to the PCC to visit some family and friends and catch the Night Show.  Waimea was surprisingly flat on the day of our beach trip but that didnt stop us from frolicking between the water and the sand under a gloriously warm sun. Honourable mention goes to the Cheesecake Factory Restaurant which was absolutely delicious and well priced.  Most memorable moment?  My sister, parched and desperate for a drink was handed a bottle of water and she quickly took a few huge gulps.  No sooner had she swallowed that her eyes bulged and she started coughing and gurgling and gasping for air all at the same time!  It was vodka.  How in the world did vodka get into a bottle of water??  Only in Hawaii!

Waikiki Beach


Waimea


Hilton Hotel

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAH!!! Stupid flight attendant filled a water bottle with vodka and forgot about it...then another flight attendant gave me the bottle without knowing! It was disgusting!!!ha. I loved that trip (I'll never get sick of Hawaii) and hope we can go on another trip again!!! xo

    ReplyDelete